Tretiva 20 (Isotretinoin) is a drug that is used in dermatology and belongs to the category of retinoid remedies.
The drug has a systemic dermatotropic effect. It can be taken orally or used externally. In the presence of indications, the drug is used and rectally.
In any case, the instructions for the use of Isotretinoin should be clearly followed. This will help to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Tretiva 20: Composition and form of release
What is it – Isotretinoin? In pure form, the preparation is an orange crystalline powder.
In the pharmacies are presented capsules for ingestion and ointment for local use.
In addition, there is a substance called Isotretinoin Roaccutane. It is also released in the form of capsules.
Tablets contain 2.5, 5, 10 or 20 mg of active substance – isotretinoin.
Each capsule of Isotretinoin Roaccutane contains 10 or 20 mg of the active ingredient. The composition of the medicine includes additional ingredients.
Also on sale you can find such drugs with isotretinoin:
- Retinoic ointment;
- isotrexin gel;
- solution of Retasol;
- Acnecutan tablets;
- capsules Roaccutane.
The product is actively used to treat acne vulgaris on the skin. Thanks to the use of this medication, it is possible to achieve the following results:
- Reduce the thickness of the surface layer of the skin. When applying retinoic ointment, Izotretinoin produces a slight irritant effect on the cells of the stratum corneum. Thanks to this, they flake and slough. This reduces the thickness of this part of the epidermis, which ensures the opening of the pores. Due to this, fat cork is not formed in them.
- Get a comedological effect. Isotretinoin successfully dissolves the substance of fatty plugs that clog the pores of the dermis. This provokes the cleansing of the skin from acne and helps prevent their re-education.
- Reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands. One of the main factors that leads to the appearance of acne is an increase in the function of the sebaceous glands. Their ducts open into the lumen of hair follicles located in the pores of the dermis. With increasing synthesis of sebum, clogging of the pores is observed. Isotretinoin leads to the normalization of the function of the sebaceous glands, which ensures a decrease in their secretion.
To achieve positive results, it will take at least 4 weeks. Because it is so important to be patient.
In the first 1-2 weeks there is a risk of exacerbation of acne. Do not worry – this is a normal skin reaction to the use of the drug.
Indications for using the drug may vary – it all depends on the form of the drug:
- Tableted forms are used for complex types of nodular-cystic acne, especially when placed on the body.
- Rectal suppositories are prescribed for complex recurring forms of rashes. Also, indications for their use may be the appearance of a rash, which is accompanied by a seborrheic process.
- External forms – gel or ointment – are used for papulo-pustular acne, pink rashes, perioral dermatitis, seborrhea.
Tretiva 20: Application features
Capsules of this drug should be taken with food. The daily volume of the drug can be drunk at a time or divided into several receptions.
The initial dose of Isotretinoin is 0.5 g per day. For a certain period of time, the drug is prescribed in the maximum dosage, which is calculated as follows: 1 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
Then shows a low-dose intake of Tretiva 20, it is from 0.1 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The duration of therapy is 16 weeks. After 8 days after the end of treatment, a second course of the drug is prescribed.
Rectal use of the agent is shown in such quantity: 0.5-1 mg per 1 kg of weight. The introduction is carried out in a supine position. You need to do this once a day before bedtime.
The duration of treatment is 8-12 weeks. Between courses of therapy do intervals for 1-2 months.
Ointment should be applied locally. She is treated with affected areas 2 times a day. The duration of therapy in this situation is 4-6 weeks.
During the period of Tretiva 20 therapy, it is necessary to monitor the operation of the liver, as well as monitor the lipid and glucose content.
Women of reproductive age should be carefully protected. This should be done not only during therapy, but also 4 weeks before and during the same time after the end of treatment.
Tretiva 20: Contraindications
This medicine has a number of contraindications. They include the following:
- excess of vitamin A in the body;
- hypersensitivity to the active substances of the drug;
- complex forms of functional disorders of the liver and kidneys;
- joint use with antibacterial drugs from the tetracycline group;
- rectal pathology;
- severe hyperlipidemia;
Local forms of the drug are forbidden to use during childbearing and breastfeeding. Also contraindications include pregnancy planning.
Medicines with great care are prescribed in the presence of excess weight, violations of lipid metabolism, depressive states in the anamnesis, chronic form of pancreatitis, alcoholism, diabetes mellitus.
Tretiva 20: Side effects
Most often, the medicine provokes such side effects:
- excessive dryness of mucous membranes and skin, itching sensation, allergic rashes, dermatitis;
- erythema in the face, cheilitis, excessive sweating;
- peeling on soles and palms, paronychia, dystrophic nail lesions;
- headaches and dizziness;
- weakening of vision in the dark, hearing loss, photophobia;
- an increase in the rate of erythrocyte sedimentation, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- nasal bleeding;
- increased blood sugar;
- pain in the joints.
In more rare cases, there is a risk of developing vasculitis, high sensitivity of the dermis to light, thinning of the hair. Also, patients complain of depressive conditions, convulsive syndrome, increased intracranial pressure.
Sometimes after applying the remedy, colitis develops, bleeding in the digestive tract, an increase in the activity of hepatic enzymes, and hepatitis.
When side effects occur, they switch to low-dose Tretiva 20 or completely abolish the drug.
With external application of the remedy there is a risk of flushing and flaking of the skin, allergy development. If you use the ointment for a long time, there is a threat of developing conjunctivitis or cheilitis.
Tretiva 20: Interactions
When combining the drug with other drugs, the following effects are observed:
- increase the toxic effect of the drug with vitamin A;
- reduction of pharmacological activity in combination with progesterone;
- risk of intracranial hypertension with antibacterial agents from the category of aminoglycosides;
- the threat of hypervitaminosis A when combined with retinoids.
Isotretinoin is an effective remedy that successfully cures acne and improves skin condition. It is important to follow the prescriptions of the doctor and do not use medication if there are contraindications.
There are no reviews yet.