Npecia 5 (Finasteride) tablets represent a pharmacological group of medicines preparations that affect metabolism in the tissues of the prostate gland in men, as well as agents that improve urodynamics. They are used for various prostate pathologies in men.
Description of dosage form, composition
The finasteride tablets are white in color and round in shape. The main active substance of the drug is Npecia 5, its content in one tablet is 5 mg. It also includes auxiliary components, which include:
- Magnesium stearate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Hydrophosphate calcium dihydrate.
- Sodium dodecyl sulfate.
- Lactose monohydrate.
Finasteride tablets are packaged in contour acheikova packing in an amount of 10 pieces. The cardboard pack contains one contour mesh package, as well as instructions for the use of the preparation.
Therapeutic effects, composition
The main active component of the tablets Npecia 5 suppresses the activity of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which reduces the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone (responsible for the processes of increased division of cells of the prostate gland). Reducing the concentration of this compound leads to a decrease in the size of the prostate gland, especially with the development of its hyperplasia with an increase in organ volume. This therapeutic effect usually develops within 3 months of constant intake of the drug. Reduction of general symptoms of prostatic disease, as well as a complete restoration of the passage of urine in the lower sections of the urogenital tract of a man occurs 7 months after the start of the course of therapy with the drug.
After taking the Finasteride tablet inside the active ingredient is well absorbed into the blood from the intestine, it is evenly distributed in the tissues, and also penetrates into the biological fluids, including the ejaculate (secret of the prostate gland). Metabolized finasteride in the liver with the formation of inactive decay products, which are excreted from the body mainly with urine.
Indications for use Npecia 5
The main medical indication for taking Finasteride tablets is benign prostatic hyperplasia (adenoma).
Contraindications for use Npecia 5
The only absolute contraindication for taking Npecia 5 tablets is an individual intolerance to the main active ingredient or excipients of the drug.
Correct use, dosage
Finasteride tablets are intended for oral administration. They are taken once a day, regardless of food, do not chew and drink with enough water. The average therapeutic dosage is 5 mg. The course of therapy is long.
Side effects of Npecia 5
Against the background of taking Finasteride tablets, negative side effects from various organs and systems can rarely develop:
- Reproductive system – reducing sexual desire to the opposite sex (libido), violation of the process of ejection of sperm during orgasm (ejaculation), less pain develops in the testicles.
- The nervous system – seldom can develop drowsiness.
- Allergic reactions – a rash on the skin, its itching, characteristic changes reminiscent of a nettle burn ( urticaria ), marked swelling of soft tissues with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs (angioedema Quincke).
- Laboratory indicators – increased levels of prostate-specific antigen in the blood (PSA).
Such changes and Side effects are transitory in nature. They disappear after the termination of taking Finasteride tablets. The appearance of signs of development of negative side effects is the basis for visiting a doctor.
Features of use Npecia 5
Before you start taking Npecia 5 tablets, it is important to carefully read the instructions to the drug, and also pay attention to several features of its correct application:
- Prior to taking the drug, it is important to exclude pathological processes, which in their manifestations resemble benign prostatic hyperplasia (infectious prostatitis, prostate cancer, bladder hypotension).
- The drug is not used in women and children.
- It is important for women to avoid skin contact with tablets (if the tablet shell is damaged), since the active substance of the drug can be absorbed from the skin surface into the bloodstream and have a negative impact on the female reproductive system.
- Periodically, against the backdrop of a course of drug therapy, studies should be conducted to exclude the development of prostate cancer, which is due to the fact that it lowers the level of PSA in the blood.
- The drug does not interact with drugs from other clinical and pharmacological groups.
- Since the development of a negative reaction from the nervous system in the form of drowsiness is possible against the background of taking the drug, it is necessary to carry out the work, which is associated with the need for sufficient concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions, with caution.
In the pharmacy network, Finasteride tablets are dispensed without a doctor’s prescription. If you have any doubts about the correct use of this medication, you should contact your healthcare professional.
Overdose Npecia 5
Data on the possible consequences of exceeding the recommended therapeutic dosage of Finasteride tablets are not available today.
Npecia 5 analogues
Similar in composition and therapeutic effects for Finasteride tablets are Penester, Alfinal, Proscar, Finast, Prosteride.
Shelf life of Npecia 5tablets is 3 years from the date of their manufacture. The drug should be stored in its original factory packaging, dark, dry, inaccessible to children at an air temperature of no more than + 25 ° C.