Treatment of infectious-inflammatory diseases is impossible without the use of antibiotics. Among modern antibacterial drugs Megamentin 1000 (Amoxicillin) is the most popular remedy with a wide spectrum of action on various types of bacterial microflora.
Megamentin 1000 belongs to the semi-synthetic means of the penicillin group, it is a broad-spectrum antibiotic with the following composition:
- The main active substance is amoxicillin (trihydrate);
- Auxiliary components: talc, magnesium stearate, polyvidone, titanium dioxide, sodium carboxymethyl starch, hypromellose.
Due to its therapeutic effect, Megamentin 1000 is close to ampicillin, although compared with the latter, it is more effective and reliable, due to better absorption of the drug into the blood. This fact allows for acute bacterial and viral infections to prescribe for an early action not injection of benzopenicillin or ampicillin, but Amoxicillin tablets, which helps not only to save money, but also facilitates and simplifies the administration of the medicine.
Note! Amoxicillin actively affects virtually all harmful microorganisms, including streptococci, staphylococci, causative agents of salmonella, gonorrhea, meningitis.
Tablets are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream, so active components begin to act after half an hour after ingestion and remain active for 8 hours.
By results of researches it is proved, that Amoxicillinum is active concerning the originators of infections of respiratory ways. Because of this, the drug is usually prescribed for the treatment of pneumonia, colds, bronchitis.
Also, the antibiotic shows high effectiveness in the treatment of otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinus inflammation, Helicobacter pylori infection.
What Treats Megamentin 1000:
- Respiratory organs (tonsillitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, pharyngitis);
- Genitourinary organs (urethritis, pyelonephritis, gonorrhea, cystitis);
- ENT organs (angina, otitis, bronchitis);
- Gastrointestinal tract (cholecystitis, peritonitis);
- Skin covers (sepsis, dermatosis, erysipelas).
As part of complex therapy is used in the treatment of uncomplicated forms of salmonellosis, leptospirosis, meningitis, endocarditis, Lyme disease, gastritis and ulcer disease caused Helicobacter pylori.
How to drink Megamentin 1000 tablets
The standard dose of Amoxicillin 250 mg is one tablet every 8 hours. If the condition is severe, then one tablet of Amoxicillin 500 mg is drunk in the same period of time.
The drug Amoxicillin 1000 mg is used extremely rarely – it is prescribed in special cases, but the tablet can be divided into several receptions.
The duration of the course of therapy is set individually for children and adults and can vary from 5 to 12 days.
Important! Amoxicillin tablets are taken regardless of food intake, because. food does not affect the absorption of the medicine from the digestive tract. The exception is taking the drug with angina – Amoxicillin is drunk after a meal to prolong the action of the pills directly on the tonsils.
The instruction for use has special instructions:
- In acute gonorrhea, the patient should take three grams of the medication once a day. And after recovery, the dose should be taken repeatedly to avoid relapse.
- In infections of the biliary tract, gastrointestinal tract and liver, as well as with acute gynecological infections, appoint a triple dose of Amoxicillin during the day for 1.5-2 grams.
- When treating leptospirosis for 6-12 days four times a day, the drug is taken at a dosage of 0.5-0.75 g.
- In case of violations of the normal functioning of the kidneys, it is recommended to keep the interval between 12 hours before the medication.
Pregnant women should consider that an antibiotic can adversely affect the development of the fetus. Therefore, when prescribing the drug to a future mother, the doctor should adequately assess the benefits of treatment with possible harm to the baby.
Side effects and contraindications Megamentin 1000
It is strictly forbidden to use Megamentin 1000 only in two cases – with individual intolerance to the components of the drug or with monoculosis of an infectious nature.
Other contraindications to the use of antibiotic include lymphocytic leukemia, pronounced dysbiosis, severe damage to the kidneys and liver.
Note! When using an antibacterial agent, breast-feeding is prohibited. the medicine may cause a side effect in the baby.
Most often, when taking an antibiotic, there were side effects in the form of allergic reactions: skin hyperemia, urticaria, angioedema edema, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, etc.
Other side effects are possible:
- On the part of the organs of hematopoiesis (in rare cases) – thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- From the gastrointestinal tract: itching in the anus, dyspepsia, stool disorders, rarely – hemorrhagic and pseudomembranous colitis;
- From the side of the urinary system – interstitial nephritis, candidiasis of the vagina;
- From the nervous system – headache , agitation, confusion, convulsions, anxiety, dizziness.
When an overdose of a medicine occurs diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, violation of water-salt balance. It is recommended to wash the stomach, take sorbents, in severe cases – hemodialysis.
What you need to know when taking Megamentin 1000:
- It is not recommended to take an antibiotic for people younger than 18 years old, and also having problems with the liver;
- After the disappearance of symptoms continues to take the drug for another 3-4 days;
- Antibiotic may reduce the effect of oral contraceptives;
- In the treatment of influenza and ARVI, the drug has no therapeutic effect;
- It requires special control over the liver, kidneys, hematopoiesis;
- When taking Amoxicillin should be observed the correct drinking regimen (abundant drink) and control the frequency of urination.
Important! Alcohol is categorically incompatible with Amoxicillin – the combination of alcohol-containing drinks with antibiotics can cause a severe allergic reaction and even the death of the patient.
If the disease is protracted and therefore a prolonged use of the antibiotic is contemplated, antifungal medications (eg levorin or nystatin) should be taken simultaneously.
With special care when using Amoxicillin it is necessary to treat patients who have a history of renal and hepatic pathology, gastrointestinal diseases, bronchial asthma, allergic diathesis, hay fever.
Analogues Megamentin 1000
When the patient has contraindications to the drug, there is a side effect when it is used, or the antibiotic does not have the expected effect, the doctor can choose another antibacterial agent with a similar active compound.
- Flemoxin Solutab;
Doctors actively use Megamentin 1000and its analogues in medical practice, noting the high efficacy of the drug, good patient tolerance and excellent digestibility of the antibiotic. Of the most common side effects, doctors report allergic reactions, dysbacteriosis and the appearance of thrush. Gastrointestinal disorders with proper administration of the drug are extremely rare.
The patients’ reviews are mostly positive in nature, noting the rapid effect of the drug, ease of use, complete recovery at the end of the course of admission, relatively low cost. Negative reviews are usually associated with the fact that the antibiotic does not affect certain types of bacteria and therefore does not bring relief from disease. Therefore, before applying an antibacterial drug, it is desirable to conduct an analysis for sensitivity to the causative agent of an infectious-inflammatory process.